By Carl Yaws
"Accurate info on how chemical substances behave at various temperatures and below diversified stipulations is frequently hard-to-find or tricky to calculate. This targeted instruction manual offers medical, engineering, and environmental pros and scholars with this beneficial info, in an all-in-one, easy-access format." "This guide covers either natural (C[subscript 1] to C[subscript 28] compounds) and inorganic (Ag to Zn compounds) components, and offers either experimental values and anticipated values according to equipment constructed through the writer and different famous experts."--BOOK JACKET. Read more... 1. serious houses and Acentric issue -- 2. warmth means of fuel -- three. warmth ability of Liquid -- four. warmth ability of good -- five. Enthalpy of Vaporization -- 6. Enthalpy of Fusion -- 7. Vapor strain -- eight. Density of Liquid -- nine. floor stress -- 10. Refractive Index, Dipole second, and Radius of Gyration -- eleven. Entropy and Entropy of Formation of gasoline -- 12. Enthalpy of Formation -- thirteen. Gibbs strength of Formation -- 14. Solubility Parameter, Liquid quantity, and Van Der Waals quantity and region -- 15. Solubility in Water and Octanol-Water Partition Coefficient -- sixteen. Solubility in Water Containing Salt -- 17. Solubility in Water as a functionality of Temperature -- 18. Henry's legislations consistent for Compound in Water -- 19. Adsorption on Activated Carbon -- 20. Soil Sorption Coefficient -- 21. Viscosity of fuel -- 22. Viscosity of Liquid -- 23. Thermal Conductivity of gasoline -- 24. Thermal Conductivity of Liquid and reliable -- 25. Explosive Limits in Air, Flash aspect, and Autoignition Temperature -- 26. Enthalpy of Combustion -- 27. publicity Limits for protecting health and wellbeing -- 28. Coefficient of Thermal growth of Liquid -- A. Conversion desk -- B. Henry's legislation consistent -- Equations -- C. Compound checklist by way of Chemical formulation -- D. Compound record by way of CAS Registry quantity -- E. Compound checklist by way of identify and Synonym
Read or Download Chemical properties handbook : physical, thermodynamic, environmental, transport, safety, and health related properties for organic and inorganic chemicals PDF
Best thermodynamics books
Thermodynamic information shape the foundation for separation methods utilized in diversified fields of technology and undefined, from forte chemical substances to meals and prescription drugs. One predicament to constructing new creation methods, items, or optimization is the shortcoming, or inaccessibility, of experimental info relating to part equilibrium.
Approximately me -- the recent inspiration : entropy and generated entropy -- The previous inspiration : the speed of entropy iteration [reprint of the author's Thermodynamics of regular states] -- principles in regards to the outdated suggestion : reprinted papers -- In-press addendum to publication 1, part 14
The prime subject of the ebook is complexity in quantum dynamics. This factor is addressed through comparability with the classical ergodic, info and algorithmic complexity theories. Of specific significance is the thought of Kolmogorov-Sinai dynamical entropy and of its inequivalent quantum extensions formulated by way of Connes, Narnhofer and Thirring on one hand and Alicki and Fannes at the different.
- Prinzipien der Thermodynamik und Statistik / Principles of Thermodynamics and Statistics
- The Dynamics and Thermodynamics of Compressible Fluid Flow, Vol. 1
- Reconstructing the Science of Heat for Better Teaching and Learning
- Statistical mechanics : a short treatise
- Advances in transport properties of fluids
Extra info for Chemical properties handbook : physical, thermodynamic, environmental, transport, safety, and health related properties for organic and inorganic chemicals
When a gas is compressed under a piston in a cylinder, the particles of the gas rebound from the inwardly moving piston with unchanged velocity relative to the piston, but with increased actual velocity, and the temperature of the gas consequently rises. When a gas is expanded under a receding piston, the particles of the gas rebound with diminished actual velocity, and the temperature falls" (9). Recent investigations iu molecular physics have led to a new terminology but in effect serve to verify and explain the kinetic theory.
6) Ewing: The Steam Engine, 1906. (7) Wormell, Thermodynamics. SYNOPSIS OF CHAPTER IV at constant volume; other capacities. Specific thermal capacities; at constant pressure, Atomic heat = specific heat X atomic weight; molecular heat. common gases are approximately equal. volumetric specific heats of The * Mean specific heat EegnauWs law = 77" T ; true specific heat = (JTT -; t aT real and apparent specific heats. 36 ; significance of R. 0055 B. t. u. for E all gases. /, J?. Rankine's prediction of the value of k: Mayer s computation of the mechanical equiva1 lent of heat.
13. A receiver holds 10 square inch. What Ib. of oxygen at 20 C. and under 200 Ib. pressure per it hold at 100 F. and atmospheric pressure ? weight of air will For an oxy-hydrogen light, there are to be stored 25 Ib. of hydrogen and of oxygen. The pressures m the two tanks must not exceed 500 Ib. per Fhul their volumes. square inch at 110 F 14. 200 Ib. 15. 1 containing air at normal atmospheric pressure is exhausted until inch of mercury, the temperature remaining constant. "What per PROBLEMS cent of the weight of air has been removed ?